If you have been arrested in Mecklenburg County and are facing charges for DWI, possession of drugs or weapons, or another crime, it is possible to minimize the negative consequences of these cases and move forward toward a successful future. Whether you have simply made a bad choice and are facing a minor traffic violation, or you’ve been charged with a more serious crime, there are legal options available to you.
Attorneys Todd Browning and Howard Long are both former assistant district attorneys in Mecklenburg County who are now focused on protecting the rights and defending the freedoms of those charged with DWI, traffic violations, and serious crimes in the Charlotte area. With their unique experience, Browning & Long, PLLC offers clients the benefit of knowing how the other side approaches these cases and are able to skillfully identify opportunities for a solid defense.
We represent those facing criminal charges throughout the Charlotte area including Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Mint Hill, Pineville, and Matthews. Call us today at (980) 207-3355 or fill out our online contact form for a prompt response from a member of our legal team.
Former Mecklenburg County Prosecutors Now Defending Those Facing Criminal Charges
As former assistant district attorneys, Todd Browning and Howard Long handled a wide variety of cases. From simple misdemeanors and traffic infractions to DWIs and felony charges, they understand what goes into these cases from every angle. This unique experience has prepared them to help clients defend their rights in many legal matters, including those related to:
- DWI Arrests. Driving while impaired and related charges can result in severe punishments. Fines, loss of driving privileges, and even jail time can result from drunk driving charges in North Carolina. Our legal team can help investigate the circumstances, prepare a comprehensive case, and defend clients in DWI and other cases, including underage drinking, boating while impaired, open container, etc.
- Traffic Tickets. While many people regard these offenses as minor, they can leave individuals facing serious consequences. Fines, insurance rate increases, license points, loss of driving privileges, and more can follow drivers for many years, leading to unnecessary personal and financial strain.
- Criminal Charges. Being charged with any crime in North Carolina is a serious matter. The consequences of conviction are severe and can change the course of your life forever. Whether you have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony, our legal team can help you prepare a comprehensive case to reach the most favorable outcome possible. We handle all types of criminal charges, including general misdemeanors and probation issues to drug offenses and violent crimes.
- Family Law. Being in a deteriorating or difficult family situation is extremely stressful and intimidating. Our legal team seeks to take the stress out of these traumatic events by answering your questions, laying out your options, and zealously advocating on your behalf.
If you aren’t sure if your case is something we handle, or if you even need a lawyer, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Call our Charlotte office at (980) 207-3355 to speak with Todd or Howard. We can answer your questions and help you decide the best course of action.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer to Fight My Charges in North Carolina?
Even for seemingly minor charges, it can be a good idea to retain the services of an experienced attorney. The state of North Carolina has rather strict laws when it comes to the punishment for those convicted of DWI and other crimes. While the nature of the crime typically dictates the severity of the charge, there are differing levels to many crimes. Courts will often examine and weigh both mitigating and aggravating factors to determine just how serious of a punishment will be imposed. These factors can mean significant differences in the options and penalties for a defendant. A skilled attorney can help clients achieve the best possible outcome and minimize the negative consequences as much as possible by using their knowledge and experience when it comes to:
- Handling document preparation and filing deadlines.
- Answering your questions and offering a practical view of your situation.
- Negotiating charges and pleas.
- Working with witnesses and investigators to build a comprehensive case.
- Representing your interests before a judge or jury.
While it is possible to resolve some straightforward cases yourself, skilled legal representation typically offers clients more legal options and obtains the most positive results possible.
Many of those charged with a DWI or other crime are concerned about what a lawyer will cost. Once we know more about the specific situation, we will discuss cost upfront to minimize the burden of financial surprises during this process. Our fees are competitive with other attorneys that handle similar cases, but our experience and the level of service our clients receive is unmatched.
Call our Charlotte DWI and Criminal Defense Lawyers Today
Facing criminal charges, DWI, or other traffic violations can be scary. The stakes are high, and many of our clients have little experience with the law. It is natural to have many questions and concerns about how the charges will potentially affect you and your family. If you’ve been charged with a crime in Mecklenburg County, even if you’ve tried to go it alone at first, don’t hesitate to contact the lawyers at Browning & Long, PLLC. We can help you find the answers you need and get started preparing an effective defense. Let our experience and knowledge of the law help you obtain the best possible outcome for your unique legal situation.
If you or someone you love is facing criminal charges in Charlotte, call our legal team today at (980) 207-3355 or fill out our online contact form for a prompt response from a member of our team.