To begin, DWI stands for Driving While Impaired; DUI stands for Driving Under the Influence. While the correct legal term for impaired driving in North Carolina is Driving While Impaired (DWI), there is no practical difference between it and Driving Under the Influence (DUI), or one of the many other terms used to describe impaired driving, including the following.
- Driving While Impaired (DWI)
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Impaired (OMVI)
- Operating a Vehicle Impaired (OVI)
- Operating While Impaired (OWI)
- Operating While Intoxicated
- Operating Under the Influence (OUI)
- Drunk Driving
- Drugged Driving
Have You Been Arrested for a DWI in Charlotte, NC?
If you are facing DWI charges, you need to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Charlotte office directly at 980.207.3355 to schedule your free consultation.
More DWI Information: