Being arrested for any crime in Charlotte can be a frightening experience. You need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to help you mount a strong defense.
However, it is important to pick the right lawyer for you and your case. One way to do this is to interview your top candidates.
10 Interview Questions You Need to Ask Criminal Defense Attorneys
If you do not know an attorney who handles criminal matters, you will need to find qualified lawyers and research them. One step in the process of hiring a lawyer is to schedule a free consultation and interview your top choices.
You should come to your appointment with a list of questions to ask. You want to focus your questions on their experience, track record of success, defense strategy in your case, and cost. Here are 10 important questions you want to ask:
- How long have you practiced criminal law, and how much of your caseload is devoted to criminal cases?
- Do you specialize in any area of criminal law?
- How many criminal cases have you taken to a jury trial, and what was the result?
- How many other cases like mine have you handled, and what was the outcome?
- How would you defend me?
- What is the likely outcome in my case?
- How much will it cost me to hire you?
- Will you be handling my case?
- How often will you communicate with me, and what is the best way to reach you if I have questions?
- Why should I retain you instead of another criminal defense lawyer?
Are You Looking for a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Charlotte, NC?
If you are facing criminal charges, you need to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Charlotte office directly at 980.207.3355 to schedule your free consultation.